Keyword Code: VIDJAN17
Similar to product placement in popular films, corporations are now integrating their products into custom games, as well as live ads presented through streaming channels such as Vice’s Waypoint. At the same time, Amazon’s Twitch is angling for more non-gaming advertisers that encompass a variety of industries from soft drinks and fast foods to entertainment and electronics.
• Playing games through a mobile device (commuting on train, at a café, at work, at home)
• Playing games on a home console with friends
Suggested Conceptual Keywords: Entertainment, Consumerism, Focus, Concentration, Leisure, Competition, Fun, Technology
Typical Users: Food and Beverage Commercials, Internet Services, Gaming Companies, Retail Chains, Electronics Companies
Video Gamer Player Using Controller by Vulk
Pro-Tip: Switch the action/concept by having your talent texting and talking on the phone. Swap the gaming consoles for a TV remote and you’ve doubled your concepts. Get coverage from wide angles to close, but be aware when your talent is overacting or acting with over-exaggerated gestures. Do not show the actual game or program.
Casting Considerations: Race, gender, and age diversity. Authenticity with talent and imagery. Accept the challenge to subtract artificiality from your setups. In other words, keep it REAL. These things will play an important role in the success of your shoot.
Location Diversity: Urban, suburban, and rural
Before You Shoot:
• Please check what content already exists in the Pond5 marketplace
• Think about a visual approach that will result in new and fresh footage
• Remember to tag your clips with the keyword code: VIDJAN17
• Have all property and model releases filled out and submitted
• No logos or brands may be visible in any of the clips
• Don’t forget to add any applicable conceptual keywords