Keyword Code: RIOTMAR17
Consumers are immersed in a variety of scripted and unscripted political dramas. Political divisions and discourse have never been more tense, and political movements are on the rise. Images of riots and demonstrations hammer home the volatile and chaotic world we’re living in. These hot topics are fueling a demand that clearly resonates with our clients.
• Demonstrator with megaphone
• Demonstrators marching and carrying signs (may want to leave signage blank for client to add messaging)
• Demonstrators pumping fists in air
• Demonstrator confronting police officer
• Police officer in riot gear
• Demonstrator being arrested
• Police officer holding back demonstrators
• Demonstrators running through streets
Suggested Keywords: Chaos, Crime, Social Issues, Riot, Violence, Civil Unrest, Activism
Typical Users: TV Programming, Feature and Documentary Films, Security Companies, Political Campaigns
Riot – Car Burning, Crowd Yelling, Police by lprecise
Pro-Tip: Creating an atmosphere of chaos and filming a crowd of demonstrators can be challenging, if not expensive. Framing scenes with tighter shots is a practical solution on a tight budget. Add a little smoke for atmosphere and you have a winner. Keep in mind that we will also accept real protests and demonstrations for our editorial collection.
Casting Considerations: Authenticity with talent and imagery. Accept the challenge to subtract artificiality from your setups. In other words, keep it REAL. These things will play an important role in the success of your shoot. Read more in our post on authenticity and why it matters.
Location Diversity: Urban, Suburban, and Rural
Before You Shoot:
• Please check what content already exists in the Pond5 marketplace
• Think about a visual approach that will result in new and fresh footage
• Remember to tag your clips with the keyword code: RIOTMAR17
• Have all property and model releases filled out and submitted
• No logos or brands may be visible in any of the clips
• Don’t forget to add any applicable conceptual keywords