If you’re planning to upload 3D Models for sale on Pond5, please be sure to follow these guidelines on quality, textures, image previews, and other important details.
3D Model Quality Requirements
We accept high-quality 3D models and render-ready environments from a variety of programs, including:
- Maya (MA / MB)
- 3D Studio Max (3DS / MAX)
- Cinema 4D (C4D)
- Blender (BLEND)
- Softimage (XSI / HRC)
- Lightwave (LWO / LW / LWS)
- AutoCAD (DWG / DXF)
- Collada (DAE)
Note: Do not include third-party plug-ins; however, including plug-in settings is acceptable.
Preparing Your Models
Please center your objects to the world (0,0,0) and render your models on a white background.
Everything shown in your renders should be included in your ZIP file, including your lighting setup.
Renders must be free of watermarks, borders, and text.
Accepted Texture Formats:
Preparing Your Textures:
- Check your model for overlapping UVs
- Zip the texture folder and include it in the folder you are uploading
- Check your UVs for stretching and distortion
- Animated textures are allowed but only as image sequences
- We prefer standard resolutions (e.g., 512×512, 1024×1024), but higher resolutions are accepted
- Describe objects, shaders, and textures as completely as you can in file names
You must Include at least three image previews (maximum is 15) in JPG or PNG format at a minimum resolution of 720×720.
Image previews must include at least one wireframe and views “in full” and “in detail.” Previews should be named as follows:
- preview1.jpg: Primary image preview showing how the model looks when downloaded
- preview3.jpg, etc.
Package all the following items into one compressed ZIP file:
- Your 3D model files
- A ZIP folder containing your textures, entitled “textures” (or “tex” for Cinema 4D users); video files will not be accepted (e.g., MOV, AVI)
- Your image previews
Please be sure your file names do not contain any special characters or accents.
Examples: & ,å, ñ, é, ß, ®, ©, §, ç, ä, ø, ü, or quote marks (“ ” or ‘ ’).
Spaces and dashes are allowed.
You must be able to agree to all provisions in our Contributor Agreement in order to sell media files on our site; please read it thoroughly and make sure you understand your rights and responsibilities.
You must also have the rights for distribution of the submitted imagery. Found or public-domain images or illustrations cannot be submitted under any circumstances. If you do not have complete rights to the submission, you may not submit it.
For submitted work that contains any copyrighted material, including paintings, photos, logos, or any other art/advertisements/sculptures/exhibits that are copyrighted, you must either submit releases from the copyright owners or you must note to the curator that the images are editorial.
If you’re interested in finding out more about copyright, or in registering your work with the US copyright office (this is not necessary, but it can afford you additional legal protections), visit their website at www.copyright.gov.
For more information visit our Help Center or contact our Customer Support at email@example.com.