Keyword Code: LOWNOV17
Social issues such as poverty remain one of our industry’s primary subject categories. We continue to receive a high volume of requests for imagery of low-income housing, especially footage of traditionally poor or low-income areas. For instance, specific places that were requested were neighborhoods in Los Angeles, New York City, Chicago, London, and Paris.
• Apartment projects / housing estates
• Residential neighborhoods / houses
• Urban neighborhoods / tenement houses
• Trailer Parks
• Closed Industrial Factories and Manufacturing centers
• Closed down commercial businesses
Suggested Keywords: Poverty, Low Income, Urban Decay, Dilapidated, Derelict, Poor, Ghetto, Social Issues
Typical Users: Political Ads, Charity and Community-Based Organizations, Documentary Films, Non-Fiction and Reality Television Programming, Financial and Banking Institutions
Low Income Trailer Park Mobile Homes by ChromaVid
Pro-Tip: Avoid capturing people in your shots. A majority of this content will be editorial, being that property releases for these locations will be nearly impossible to secure. In addition to shooting wide angles, think about getting tighter shots that communicate the subject you’re attempting to portray.
Location Diversity: Urban, Suburban, and Rural
Before You Shoot:
• Please check what content already exists in the Pond5 marketplace
• Think about a visual approach that will result in new and fresh footage
• Remember to tag your clips with the keyword code: LOWNOV17
• Have all property and model releases filled out and submitted
• No logos or brands may be visible in any of the clips
• Don’t forget to add any applicable conceptual keywords
Download this brief in PDF format here.
Check out these additional Pond5 Shoot Briefs:
Top image: Deserted Flats on Heygate Estate, South London by ImageSource