Keyword Code: DRUGNOV17
We have received multiple requests for footage regarding drug abuse, from archival to contemporary footage. There is a need for more footage of “real” looking people from all generations and ethnicities doing a variety of drugs. Keep in mind that using real drugs with your talent is a bad idea. There are solutions for achieving the illusion of drug abuse without jeopardizing the safety of your talent and the legal implications of possessing and using real drugs on set.
• Marijuana being sprinkled into rolling paper (ECU – CU)
• Opiate user tapping a syringe and pushing plunger to release air bubbles (ECU – CU)
• Drugs being cooked on a spoon (ECU -CU)
• People or person smoking marijuana
• People passing marijuana cigarette
• People or person using a syringe to shoot heroin
• Person taking pills
• Dealer exchanging drugs for money with a customer on the street
• Drugs and drug paraphernalia (ECU -CU) W/O talent
Suggested Keywords: Addiction, Drug Abuse, Social Issues, Dilapidated, Derelict, Poor, Ghetto
Typical Users: Political Ads, Charity and Community-Based Organizations, Documentary Films, Non-Fiction and Reality Television Programming, Law Firms, Healthcare and Insurance Companies
Dealer Selling Drugs on the Street at Night by pressR
Pro-Tip: Avoid cliches and be subtle when directing the action with your talent. There’s a tendency for this type of content to be over-acted or “stocky.” Attempt a more authentic or editorial aesthetic for your shots.
Casting Considerations: Age, Gender and Race Diversity. Authenticity and diversity will play an important role in the success of your shoot. Keep in mind that white collar drug abuse is just as relevant as that of the average person.
Location Diversity: Urban, Suburban, and Rural
Before You Shoot:
• Please check what content already exists in the Pond5 marketplace
• Think about a visual approach that will result in new and fresh footage
• Remember to tag your clips with the keyword code: DRUGNOV17
• Have all property and model releases filled out and submitted
• No logos or brands may be visible in any of the clips
• Don’t forget to add any applicable conceptual keywords
Download this brief in PDF format here.
Check out these additional Pond5 Shoot Briefs:
Top image: Profile of Drug Addict Arranging Powder Drugs by rubberball