Keyword Code: BLUECOLLARMAY18
From construction workers to mechanics, it’s the blue-collar workers who keep our industries ticking, and images of them keep the media industry ticking. Capturing blue-collar occupations is an evergreen theme and an essential subject to have in both your video and photography collection.
• Construction Worker
• Automobile Mechanic
• Sheet-Metal Worker
• Aircraft Engine Mechanic
• Painter (residential and commercial structures)
• Machinist (operating machine tools to fabricate and prototype with materials such as wood, plastic, and metal)
• Garment Workers – Ethical Factories
* Portraits with Setups
Suggested Keywords: Industry, Dedication, Skill, Expertise, Blue Collar, Precision, Focus, Manufacturing, Strength
Typical Users: Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Companies, Building Manufacturers, Hardware Retail Stores, Political Ads, Food and Beverage Companies, Insurance Companies, Banking and Finance Institutions
Worker Using Angle Grinder in Factory by Gorodenkoff
Pro Tip: We throw a wide net on blue-collar jobs, being that accessibility to talent and a location can usually be much easier if you have a business or personal relationship with the talent in one of the occupations we have outlined. Images of workers engaged in their skills are also peppered with strong concepts that can can easily be interpreted and used by a wide variety of markets and industries. Make sure that you provide these conceptual keywords when submitting your work.
Casting Considerations: Age, gender, and race diversity. Authenticity and diversity will play an important role in the success of your shoot. “Real” body types recommended.
Before You Shoot:
• Please check what content already exists in the Pond5 marketplace
• Think about a visual approach that will result in new and fresh footage
• Remember to tag your clips with the keyword code: BLUECOLLARMAY18
• Have all property and model releases filled out and submitted
• No logos or brands may be visible in any of the clips
• Don’t forget to add any applicable conceptual keywords