We’ve always taken pride in pioneering and implementing cutting-edge video technologies at Pond5. That’s why we were among the first to introduce r3d and 8k footage to our platform, and now it’s time for the next step. Starting now, we’re officially welcoming 360-degree video to Pond5. If you’re a contributor (or planning to become one), just follow these submission guidelines and general tips to start uploading your VR-ready video today.
Please follow these guidelines for all 360 files you plan to upload:
- Make sure your video is at least 45 seconds long.
- We accept 360 clips up to a maximum of 120 seconds.
- You can upload items in 2:1 aspect ratio.
- 4K files are highly preferred over 1080HD.
- Do not include audio on videos.
- Add 360 metadata to your video content.
- Make sure to tag your uploads with keywords such as: “VR360,” “VR,” and “360VR.”
Adding 360 metadata
For your files to be considered for and displayed in our 360 player, please make sure to apply 360 metadata prior to upload. You can do this using Google’s metadata tool, available to download here. (Please check Step 2 on that page for a detailed walkthrough.)
Uploading Your Files
Once you’ve stitched your video, applied 360 metadata, and are and are ready to upload, please follow these steps:
1. Examine your file thoroughly within a 360-media player of your preference (such as Kolor, YouTube, or Facebook) and make sure it plays properly.
2. Upload your file to your Pond5 artist account.
3. Go to the “Edit Item” page of your 360 video and make sure to include “360VR” in the title and description of the file, as shown in the example below:
4. Tag every 360 upload with relevant keywords such as: “VR,” “360VR,” “360 Video,” and “Virtual Reality 360” alongside your regular conceptual keywords.
5. In the “Additional Info” section, please include a note to the curator stating that this is “360VR Footage.”
6. Submit, wait for review, and become part of the 360VR revolution with Pond5!
Looking for inspiration? Check out our 360 reel in the player below: