If you haven’t seen pop-culture gem Stranger Things, you’re missing out one of this summer’s greatest television escapes. Here at Pond5, the Stranger Things obsession spread swiftly. Many of us were struck, spending long summer days indoors, making broken promises that the next episode would be the last. Water-cooler discussions led us to revisit referenced shows from our childhood, and before long, we were the ones creating a tribute.
Yesterday, we revealed our visual love letter to one of the most original — yet reminiscent of all things awesome — title sequences we’ve seen, along with a look at how we made it. And now it’s your turn! We want to see more notable TV title sequences reimagined by pop-culture fans. Are you up for the challenge? We’ve got a Trapcode Suite ($1,000 value) from our good friends at Red Giant for the winner.
– Create your own title sequence inspired by one that already exists (Twilight Zone, Good Times, The Simpsons — it’s up to you!) and upload it to Instagram using the hashtag #P5CreateThings
– Pond5 and Red Giant will choose the winners based on creativity, originality, and technical ability
– One (1) winner will receive the Red Giant Trapcode Suite
– The contest will run from August 16 – September 30, 2016
– For full terms and conditions click here
Need some more inspiration? Here are just a few of our favorite TV title sequences:
Six Feet Under
You don’t have to reenact an entire show opening (unless you want to!). We’re just looking for your take on the main titles. Good luck! Leave your questions (and other favorite TV title sequences!) in the comments. We promise you’ll have fun — and you know friends never break a promise.